Palacio da Pena

Hello darlings! As I said I went yesterday at Palacio da Pena, a palace so beautiful it reminds me of Disneyland, it´s like a candy on top of a mountain. Situated just above Sintra municipality, it was the home of many monarchs of Portugal since the 19th century, and it has one hell of a beautiful view!
See below more photos:


VII

III

VIII

X

XIII

XII

IX

VI

IV

It´s mainly built in the Romantic era but with lots of other foreign influences and of course in specific Portuguese architecture.

We weren´t allowed to take pictures of the interiors so I searched some on the internet, and these are just a few.. One room lead to another and you could't believe the beauty of the wall's paintings and decoratios, the amazing detailed furniture and curtains and the freezing air inside those walls! Trust me when I say it was gorgeous there!


I

II

V

I wish I could've taken more photos, but my battery died so you can imagine my dissapoitment, but hopefully I will visit it once more, for now I have the memories.

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment