6 | 12 | 13 ♡

Today, I wanted to do a little bit of a different post for you, explaining a little bit more about why I chose to be an Avon Representative, and how you can shop for affordable, progressive, and good quality Avon makeup through me!
As you can obviously pretty much tell, I am a makeup fanatic. The exploration of searching for new kinds of makeup and products excites me, for I'm largely attracted to the concept of what "makeup" really is.

Makeup- (noun) the way in which the parts or ingredients of something are put together : composition. 
(Merriam Webster)

As denoted by the dictionary, makeup means a lot more than applying cosmetic products to the face. The process of "makeup" insinuates, rather, that each element or "cosmetic" (in our case), is the part of a whole. 
And there lies the goal of makeup (or at least, my interpretation of what it is)- finding a proper combination of products to enhance one's facial beauty. 
Not only am I attracted to this objective, it's also a whole lot of fun. As an artist myself,  I see makeup as another form of art, expression, and character. 

Makeup is dynamic
It allows for disguise and veracity. 

That is the simple artistry of it: like an art medium, it is literal and interpretive at the same time. There are not many other activities that engage in both of these elements. 

But sometimes, it gives off a negative connotation. 
I've often gotten the question: "Why do you wear makeup?"
And believe it or not, that can be really hard question to answer explicitly.

To simply put it: I wear makeup because I love the creative process it involves, not because I'm uncomfortable without it. I love that each product is a piece to a puzzle, and it is the artist's job to combine these products interpretively.
Through my experiences, life, and past, I have learned to be comfortable in my own skin, and am more than comfortable with or without  makeup. For girls my age and younger than me, however, makeup should be an exploration of color and design, not to change one's appearance, but to enhance our youthful beauty the way we are naturally. 
I have made certain makeup choices that I feel are appropriate for my age-
For example, I do not wear foundation. I don't think I have ever worn foundation either. I believe that with youthful skin comes responsibility to protect and nourish it, therefore I opt for tinted moisturizer instead. It is loaded with the SPF our skin needs, and although may not have as much coverage, looks natural and glowing when applied. 

The most important notion one must take away from learning about makeup would have to be that one's relationship with makeup is different in every case. We all have different types of skin and a diversity of tones. Applying makeup may be easy for some, hard for others. It is my goal, as someone with a passion for said activity, to help and guide everyone with tips on how I learned to really do makeup well to enhance our natural beauty, while keeping it safe for one's skin. True beauty comes from within, and makeup is a tool to enhance this confidence. 

In a nutshell, that is the method to my makeup madness, and why I love it so much. It's a hobby for me, and I love doing people's makeup as well as discovering new products to try.

This brings me to Avon.
When I think of Avon, I immediately picture Dianne Wiest. 

[Taken from WeHeartIt]

Kudos if you get this reference off the bat. 

In Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhand's, Dianne Wiest's character, Peg, is an Avon Representative. Not only do I love this movie for various other reasons, but I especially admire Burton's choice to make Peg a makeup consultant. Peg's makeup career reflects her world of order and composition, and brilliantly juxtaposes Johnny Depp's character's disorder and chaos. 
But I digress- point being: This is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Avon Cosmetics.

 However, Avon has matured greatly since this era and movie. Today, it is an amazing company that not only sells makeup, but also jewelry, clothing pieces, and skincare. Another thing I admire about Avon is that it calls itself the company for women. Avon's campaigns go beyond the mere selling of makeup for money, for they donate many of their proceeds and raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness, as well as charities that contribute to aid Domestic Violence victims. Avon addresses women's needs on this whole spectrum, from the very simple (selling of makeup, clothes) to the very complicated (sickness, mental health). And it is the marriage of these causes that attracted me to become an Avon representative. 
I will be doing occasional posts on products from Avon (specifically "mark."products) and review how I enjoy them. I will also be giving you guys my personal code at the end of these posts so that you can shop for Avon products through me. If I know you in person, I'll be giving out some catalogues of new Avon products as well, and you can shop for those through me too!

The "mark." collection from Avon is targeted at a younger audience, and honestly, I'm so excited to try their eyeshadow palettes (you can make your own!), shimmer blocks, and lip glosses. Also, fun fact- for any Pretty Little Liar's fans, (if you've seen my Tumblr URL, you know I'm one), Lucy Hale was just named mark.'s new ambassador!:


[Taken from Lucy Hale's Instagram]

I'm so excited to become a part of the Avon team, and can't wait to get started to show you guys some awesome products!
Also.... mad cool that Avon gave me a proper welcome through Twitter.


Stay beautiful guys,

"But thy eternal summer shall not fade, 
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest; 
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade, 
When in eternal lines to time thou growest: 
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see, 
So long lives this and this gives life to thee."

[Sonnet 18]



Cheers! x


0 comments:

Post a Comment