June Favorites ♡ Twenty Thirteen


01. Object: My sparkly Hamlet Skull, duh.

Makeup


02. Mac's Antiqued Eyeshadow- (bottom corner shadow near my thumb) This is a beautiful deep copper shadow that I've been loving on my lash line right now. I like to smudge it in with my Mac 219 brush- it gives a nice smokey affect, but the color isn't so deep where it looks like I have a black eye! It's really pretty for everyday, and gives a little originality to any eye look.


03. Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Starfish- This is a pretty peuter gray with a green tinge that's perfect eyeliner for the beach or pool. It's not black, which I like for summer time, and it's waterproof! Lovely product. (Swatched on top)

04. Urban Decays 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Electric- I love popping this bright electric liner on my lower lash line for creating a fun summer makeup look. Really gorgeous blue color and it lasts! (Swatched underneath Starfish)


05. Laura Mercier's Blush in Lush Nectarine- I have been absolutely obsessed with this blush all month! It's a gorgeous pinky-coral that's one of my favorites for Spring and Summer. I've literally used this every day since the beginning of June, and highly recommend it if you're looking for a pinky-coral blush!


06. Mac's Cremecup Lipstick- One of my staples. I've been reaching for this a lot this month, it's just a nice bright bubble gum pink that is extremely wearable. This is a great Mac Lipstick to purchase if you're just getting into makeup, you'll find yourself using it a ton!

07. NYX's Lip Gloss in African Queen- This lip product is absolutely amazing. Imagine Mac's Rebel Lipstick in gloss form. That's this lip gloss, essentially. It's highly pigmented, super bold, and gorgeous for a nice purple/pink/magenta summer lip. The only con would have to be is that it is a bit sticky in consistency, however, that's something that can be overlooked when seeing the color and wear of this lip gloss. One of my all time favorites.

Swatches:

Beauty


08. Not Your Mother's She's a Tease Hairspray- I'll admit, I hated this product when I first bought it. It did a great job of acting as a hairspray, I just couldn't stand the scent. Honestly though, I didn't want to waste it, so I just kept using it and ironically, the scent grew on me. It's overall a pretty good hairspray, and I've been using it a lot lately, just a warning that the scent is pretty acquired!


09. Mac's Brush Cleanser- This product is brilliant for spot cleaning, but that's about it. It does just as good of a job as baby shampoo does for cleaning your makeup brushes, so in essence, it's not a product worth the money, per se. I decided, however, to throw it into my favorites because I've been spot cleaning my brushes a lot recently, and this does the trick just perfectly. It's a little difficult to spot clean brushes with baby shampoo (too sticky), so I'd opt for this one.


10. Gilly Hick's Perfume in Brisbane Gold- Ahhhhh!! I love this stuff. Miss Lilly actually introduced this to me! All year, I've been stealing her Gilly Hicks perfume on occasions when we'd be getting ready to go out, but I'm sure she's as happy as I am that I finally got a bottle of my own. I love this scent  for it's not sweet, it's really cologne-like. I personally have always preferred perfumes that smell more like cologne then perfume, so I'm all about this one. It's similar to the Abercrombie perfumes, (Gilly Hicks is owned by the same company that owns Abercrombie and Hollister) however, I find it to be a more mature and sophisticated scent.

Accessories/ Fashion


11. These hair ties are like the new thing! The ones I personally have (above) were made by Miss Lindsey, so I've never actually purchased them, but I know they're sold just about anywhere! Again though, their easy to make- you just have to buy the colored elastic! 


12. Favorite accessory/trend: Flower Crowns. How cliché of me. However, they're pretty and I appreciate the romanticism.


13. Instas- Chalk "You're Beautiful" @ Lolita's- Beach @ Fire Island- Vivian Beaumont @ Lincoln Center- Lookbook photography (Collab with Lindz)


"Virtue itself 'scapes not calumnious strokes"
[Hamlet 1.3]

Cheers! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment