5 | 21 | 13 ♡

With SUMMER just around the corner, I thought it would be a good idea to share with you guys my favorite self tanners/ tanning products.

Tanning Tools; 

01. Hawaiian Tropic Protective Dry Oil- SPF 15- A beach must! I generally am not a huge fan of tanning oils- but I decided to purchase this one last summer on a whim, and I fell in love with it. It's not overly greasy- although, it's oil- what do you expect? (ha). But, it dries rather quickly and has been good to my skin. 

02. Jergen's Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer (Medium to Tan Skin Tones)- I've been using this moisturizer for years- but I have to say, this is not a good sole tanning lotion. It creates very little color on my skin, but gives a nice shimmery glow to my natural skin color. This is a great product for enhancing a tan, but not for creating one. 

03. Jergen's Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer (Medium to Tan Skin Tones)- My number one actual self tanning product. Unlike the lotion, this foam does an incredible job of creating color. It may be a tad too orangey for some skin tones, so I'd be aware of that before purchase. Otherwise, this foam does wonders.

04. St. Tropez "Perfect Legs Spray" Self Tan- Similar to Jergen's Foam, this is another number one self tanning product. I only have the small bottle of this, but after a few uses, I want to purchase the bigger bottle. This self tanner goes on as a bronze/ brown spray, and it creates absolutely gorgeous color. This is definitely one of the best self tanners I've ever purchased for sure- the only con I can think of would possibly be getting an even coat because of the spray. Overall, however, this is a great product.

05. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock-SPF 70- This is my favorite sunscreen by far. I'm way more of spray-sunscreen kind of person as opposed to lotion sunscreen- it's way more efficient, easier to apply, and dries a whole lot faster. As for the "SPF 70"- It doesn't make so much of a difference than any other SPF- (SPF anything above 25 is just about all the same)- but this is the one I happened to be using!

My Self Tan:

This is essentially my routine for self tanning- I like to use the Jergen's Foam, followed by the Jergen's Lotion.
01. Make sure you shake the foam- this is very important so that all the contents are mixed well.
02. When you squeeze it out, ALOT will come out- so make sure you evenly distribute the foam for whatever area you're tanning.
03. Follow up with the lotion for an additional shimmery glow (that sentence just sounded like a line from some sort of infomercial, yikes! ha) 
04. Make sure to WASH your hands well- if not, you're going to go to school/ work/ out tomorrow with orange hands. No one likes the oompa loompa look ( :] ) !!

As for some face glow and bronze, I tend to like to use just regular powder bronzer. All of these lotions/ foams/ sprays are not meant for your face. 

Bronze: 

My two favorite powder bronzers:

01. NARS Laguna- This is a beautiful bronzer for anyone with an olivey skin tone like myself. It's a bit shimmery so it looks amazing blended from the temples of your forehead down to your contour and into your neck.

02. Benefit's HOOLA- This bronzer is good for many different skin tones, because the pigment is flexible enough to be pretty sheer or pretty deep depending on how much you work with it. This is a matte bronzer, so it's perfect if you have oily skin, or if you are going to be out in the sun (it will keep your face matte and not too shiny). 

Swatches:

Laguna- more orangey undertoned
Hoola- bronzey undertoned

(making up these words as I go along ;])

As for face makeup, definitely try to use BB Creams or Tinted Moisturizers with SPF. It's really important to wear SPF on your face for these hot summer days!

Happy Tanning!

Ironic Shakespeare quote that fits this subject:

"Better three hours too soon than a minute too late"
[Merry Wives of Windsor. 2.2]

Cheers! x


P.S- Yay for summer playlisttttt...



0 comments:

Post a Comment