Chameleonic Connections

cham

Allright people, I present to you the project I have been spending most of my recent time (plus other little ones), losing my nights, the project I have been stressing out like a lunatic. We - my colleagues and I - spent a lot of time along with our teacher doing research on how this collection should be, because you see, it's a big collection consisting of about 30 pieces, and then each piece, is an individual of our own 12 piece collection. So it's something like..thirty-in-one. You see, it's quite hard for thirty minds to think alike and to create one coherent collection.
After long debates, we came to the conclusion that the people of this planet find themselves confused in this era of continuously changing technology, the time is shrinking rapidly and the need of socialization is satisfied nowadays in the virtual world. We come up with the idea of adaptation, that we have to adapt to this fast-moving world, in different ways, we have to be open minded mostly and capable of change. And the symbol for all of this is the CHAMELEON- the creature who has the power to adapt to the environment, change color and camouflage. (If I haven't seen pictures with chameleons this past month, tell me I am not crazy)

What you see here is my own theme, called Chameleonic Connections, you'll understand hopefully soon, and it's part of the BIG collection called METAMOTION.
Here are my sketches of 12 pieces. I, actually we all chose, the first sketch form the first photo for me to bring it to life.

cham3

cham2

And here it is BEFORE:

cham12

And AFTER:

cham13

cham5

cham4

You see, what I did, I created a self-colored dress. I had a device made with wires hidden underneath the dress, a device commanded by me so it can color my dress in those colors which we choose all together. The idea of my project is to be able to adapt in society, both virtually and physically; so...quite chamelon-like, no?

cham22

Here are some photos from my colleagues own designs for the collection:

cham6

cham11

cham10

cham7

cham9

cham8

And here is the exhibition we spend time doing it until 2 A.M.

cham14

cham19

cham1

And of course...some details for you to enjoy:

cham20

cham15

cham17

cham18

cham16

Below is a small video the photographer made for me, hopefully you can see how the whole process went:



Personally I am quite pleased of the result, both of my project and the exhibition, but I am looking forward for your opinions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment