Favorites of February

2 | 24 | 13 

If you follow my fashion portfolio, you'll know that I like to do a monthly favorites post on beauty products/clothes I've been loving for said month.
Since I'm switching things up a bit, I've decided to move my favorites to this blog, and focus that blog on just my fashion portfolio (i.e. sketches).
So here are some favorites of mine from this past month, some products and trends I highly recommend.

1. Hair Care

Lately, due to the winter months, my hairs been pretty destroyed [Ok, so that's an exaggeration but its not too much of one] so I've decided to really up the products I've been using...

1. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo
2. Macadamia Deep Repair Masque (LOVE LOVE LOVE)
3. It's a 10 Miracle Leave- in Product (LOVE)
The combination of these three is absolutely perfect, leaving your hair moisturized, silky and smooth. 

For heat protectant, I like to use Lush's R&B- it doesn't leave your hair too sticky like some other spray heat protectants do (like CHI).

2. Makeup

Lately, I haven't been able to get enough of my Mac Palette (which I'm almost done filling up!)
Loving : All that Glitters, Soft Brown, Cork, Espresso
Loving: Mac's paint pot in Vintage Selection
Loving: Fascinating Eye Kohl, Lord It Up Pearlglide Eye Liner [Archie's Girls]

Blushes I've been loving: TheBalm's Cabana Boy & Mac's Mineralized Blush in Dainty
Perfect for the transition into spring, these add beautiful pops of pink to your makeup.
For Lips, I've been loving the dramatic PLUMS! Revlon Lip Butters, NYX Black Label Lipstick in Wine, and Revlon's Just Bitten Balm Stain in Crush
To Finish off every look, I've been loving my Mac Fix+. I used to only like to use this on special occasions, but now I really love the combination of this with UD's DeSlick for just about every day to prevent fading makeup.

3. Trends

I've been loving the flannel trend/ big shirt jacket trend. I'm always notoriously wearing big shirts but especially lately with the transition between winter and spring that's happening. I'm also all about jewel tones, primary colors, and some army green.... 
[LOVE THIS SHIRT]

4. Miscellaneous
Perhaps my favorite scent ever....
LOVING: Bath & Body Works Cocoa Butter Moisturizer
& Them Glitter Nail Polishes...
& Finally, the scent of the season: Miss Dior Eau de Toilette
I'm not a huge fan of sweet smelling perfumes- so this is perfect if you're like me and you prefer musty-cologne smelling perfumes. It does have a hint of sweetness but overall, it's way more delicious/sensual scent.

and that would be all for today folks. I leave you with::

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"
[Hamlet 2.2.234-236]

Cheers, x
- A

0 comments:

Post a Comment