Pleats please!

_DSC0007 

 This is the main project I have been working on until today for University, the theme was simple: "Pleating experimental techniques" so we had to come up with a original design that included pleats. Some used textile fabrics, other used paper, I was inspired by nature and especially - this might sound strange - but the mushroom gills were the elements that caught my attention. There are so many kinds, from straight gills to the curvy ones, and I wanted to create waves and undulated shapes to create a movement. I chose a fabric that was easy enough to pleat, all I had to do was to arrange the strips on the dress - that was the fun part!
What do you think?
  _DSC0013_DSC0029 _DSC0057 _DSC0054 _DSC0045 _DSC0107 _DSC0095 

 Special thanks to Silvana Moldovan for being my model and to Mihai Popa for the photos!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment