Halloween Tutorials: Cat ♡ Twenty Thirteen


Welcome to the second post of my mini Halloween Series! This look is a quick and adorable way to achieve the perfect, simple, cat makeup for an easy Halloween costume. Many many thanks to my other roommate, the beautiful Miss Gloria for modeling for this one!


After priming, concealing, and powdering Gloria's face, I went straight into one of the most important features of this look, the eyes! I started off with my Two Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer, and began placing Mac's Bare Study Paint Pot towards the inner corner of her eyes with my Mac 239 flat shader brush. I blended this out toward the center of the lid with Mac's Soft Brown and my Mac 217 brush.


I then went in with a strong hand and my Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink. I placed tape on each side of Gloria's eyes, as what I did to Vic in my Vampire Tutorial, and formed thick black liner on each eye. 


After peeling off the tape, this was my result. I then smudged the top of the liner a bit to soften the harsh lines with Mac's Black Tied and my Mac 219 brush (any pencil brush will do)!


Time for the fun part! Start drawing the details of your cat. I went in with my Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Zero and shaded in her nose, cupids bow, and just above her lips. I then dotted this on each side of her cheeks and created a light few whiskers with my NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in White. 


To add some true highlighting, I went in on top of the whiskers with Mac's Marilyn Monroe How To Marry eyeshadow with a dome brush (a 217 will work just fine). I also used this brush to highlight her cheekbones. 


To finish off this playful look, I added a bold lip color, Mac's Rebel! I wanted to bring out the blue in her eyes and soften up all the black on her face!

And the finished product.. 


We added these adorable gold cat ears from 2020Ave, and I created a cute choker out of black ribbon for her neck! She's sporting a plain black long sleeve tee and dark pants!




Quick, easy and super cute!

"O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!"
[Merchant 1.3]

Cheers, x

0 comments:

Post a Comment