August Favorites ♡ Twenty Thirteen


Makeup 



01. TheBalm's Betty-Lou Manizer Bronzer/Shimmer/ Shadow Powder- I'm absolutely IN LOVE with this stuff! It's a gorgeous powder that gives a nice bronze contour. It's not too powdery and swatches beautifully, not to mention, picks up well on a brush. I would recommend using a Mac 188 angled contour brush (or something similar) when applying this. It's absolutely gorgeous and definitely up there with my Benefit Hoola and NARS Laguna! 


02. Shadows from Mac's Fabulously Festive Face Kit (Holiday 2011)- This limited addition quad has three matte shadows and one lustre. I've been loving Omega on my lids and Soft Brown in my crease! Golden Flurry is a gorgeous shimmery gold highlight and Carbon is great for setting any gel/liquid black liner. These shades are super versatile, and I believe all are currently available in pot/pan form except Golden Flurry (Mac's Shroom would be a good dupe!)


03. YSL's Rouge Volupté in 109- I got this lipstick at a CCO (a makeup discount store, kind of like an outlet) up in Lake George for $14, (original: $45) and I am so so happy I picked it up! Sometimes products sold at CCOs are damaged or defective, but I'm pretty content with this YSL lipstick. It's a gorgeous shimmery plum that is perfect for summer transition into fall! I've already started wearing it a ton and it's long lasting, extremely creamy, and nicely pigmented. Definitely take advantage of an CCO's you may came across, because you may be able to find some surprisingly awesome products like this one! 


04. TheBalm's Powder to the People Brush- I got this brush off of Hautelook over the summer, and it is my first powder brush from theBalm- and I'm pleased! It's super soft and versatile, you can use this for blush, setting powder, or even bronzer. It feels extremely similar to Mac's 129 Blush brush and they are probably a good dupe for one another!

Nails | Body 


05. Victoria's Secret Fresh and Clean Body Scrub- I've been looking for a new exfoliator and came across this one in VS-(I'm switching off from Lush products for a while..!) and I really like the smell and consistency of this. Really refreshing and nice!


06. The Body Shop's Vanilla Body Mist- love this stufffff! I got this last semester and it's lasted me a while. It has a super strong scent, but it's super long lasting. 


07. Butter London's Fiver- a beautiful icey-blue mint polish that I've worn on my nails almost every week this month. It's a great end-of summer color.


08. Eye Tees- As some of you may know, I just recently moved into school last weekend and I randomly picked these out when I was picking up extra items I knew I needed for move-in day. They're basically just normal q-tips with one pointy side and one round side. I find these awesome for perfecting winged liner and I'd recommend them to any makeup connoisseur!

Fashion 


09. Steve Madden Thundr-C Booties- These are officially my new favorite boots I own! I got these at the beginning of the month with Miss Lilly (who actually got the same pair!) at a Steve Madden outlet out on Long Island. These are a gorgeous light brown leather with pretty lace cutouts on each side that have been perfect on the crisper days of August and will be great for transitioning into September and fall! 

Instas


01. My new room for the next two semesters :) 02. Sunflowers 03. Cloudscape 04. My last beach day with Ms. Lilly!

Hope everyone had a lovely August :)

Yay for almost fall!

"The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream"
[Hamlet 2.2]

Cheers! x



0 comments:

Post a Comment