On Transition ♡ Summer Twenty Thirteen


[Taken from Tumblr]

Change of season for me always denotes not only change in climate, but change in lifestyle. Let me begin with an analogy. 

I've always loved the drastic season changes of New York and ever since I was younger, I related certain items to each season. Sun for summer, red leaves for fall, white snow for winter, and bright flowers for spring. These images are engrained in our natural world, for each denote a certain quarter of the year. However, we tend to overlook a key component to what makes these images so significant: the time in between- the transition. Without transition, each image would not drastically differ from the other. The cycle of seasons cannot exist without introduction of cooler temperatures, falling of dead leaves, melting of snow, and rebirthing of flowers. These little periods of change order the way in which we live our lives.

And ironically, lifestyles tend to mimic the same routine ~ for, like the red leaf or white snow imagery of seasons, certain moods are generated too: relaxation during the summer, focus needed for the fall, perseverance for a long winter, and refreshment brought by spring. The plights we face in between each season aid us to transition to the next. 

And right now, we are beginning a time of transition. It's bittersweet that summer is at a close, because it's time to refocus for fall, but, I'm so excited and ready to go back to the city. 

Wrap up of Weeks 12 and 13: Summer Twenty Thirteen ~~

01. Miss Lilly and I making ridiculous pout faces in the 212 the other evening. 02. Here's to my two impromptu coffee dates with Miss Amanda at Slave to the Grind last week. 03. Beach @ Long Island Sound. 04. Beach @ Fire Island, NY. 05. Me and the lovely Miss Joanna. 06. Lunch date with Miss Lindsey @ Nordstrom's Cafe. 07. Last beach day of the season with Miss Lilly. 08. ICE Cream @ Tinas. 09. Caramelized Peach Salad @ California Pizza Kitchen

I hope everyone had a lovely summer or has a lovely last few weeks of summer if you're still on break!
Cheers to autumn & transition!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish one of my bestttttt friends well as she's leaving to study abroad in Spain until May. I love you, Meg and best of luck lady. xxxx


“Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds, and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears; and sometime voices,
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open, and show riches
Ready to drop upon me; that, when I waked,
I cried to dream again.” 
 

[From Shakespeare's The Tempest Act 3, Scene 2]

With much love and admiration, 
Cheers, x


0 comments:

Post a Comment